Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Monitor and Found Remote

Norma's old computer was running on an eMachines monitor I picked up on sale at Staples several years ago. I was never happy with this monitor, it always had a "fuzzy" appearance. I messed around with the resolution settings once but could not improve it. Norma was happy with it and never likes me "messing" with "her" computer anyway so I just left it.

When I plugged the old monitor into the new Dell, wow! It looked great! Sharp and nice crisp colors. Maybe it was the old video card or maybe I just missed something.

When I was messing around installing the Inverter in the motorhome the remote for the front TV went missing. I know it was there at one point because I had the TV on to test the inverter. I searched high and low for it and even took the plywood tops off the dinette seats to check under them - nothing.

I finally asked for help and Norma found it under the passenger seat. I guess I put it on the top of the dinette seat back and then knocked it off.

Of course in the meantime I ordered a new remote from eBay. Oh well, it was only $8.

I am getting itchy feet. It is getting cool at night up here.

3 comments:

  1. Boy, come on down. Still 35C here in the north! Any news on the Linux install on the old computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I search and search for something, can't find it, ask Paulette and voila - she find's it immediately! What's with that anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I strongly suspect they hide stuff on us just so they can "find" it when we turn to them in desperation.

      Delete