Saturday, July 2, 2011

Nice Folks At Shaw Direct

I called Shaw Direct this morning and was kicked up one level on their CS ladder and talked to a knowledgeable technician. She reviewed everything, asked a couple of questions and asked me to go to a particular screen on the PVR630. I told her it was frozen and after guiding me through one unsuccessful attempt to unfreeze it told me they would replace it. They are sending a new one out on Purolator and I will send the old one back to them. Done deal! I know Customer Service is a tough job but it is nice to be treated as a fairly intelligent adult once in a while and not asked if there is a power outage.

A local electronics dealer, Madman McKay, is selling the older PVR's for $199 (half of their original price) so I went down and bought one for the motorhome. It will be nice to be able to record programs in the winter and to be able to receive the high definition programs as well. I will have to run an additional cable to it from the Utilities bay on the motorhome but that just involves drilling a hole through the floor in the bedroom. Easy! Life is Good!

5 comments:

  1. Your TV setup makes me dizzy! I'm completely lost as to what equipment you have and what it does.

    I do get what a PVR is and agree that it will be a nice addition. No more commercials, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we have 6 TV's, four in the house and two in the motorhome. Each TV requires a receiver. Up until last week only two of those receivers were capable of receiving HD programming. We are only allowed 6 receivers so for every new one we turn on, we have to turn one of the old one's off. You almost need a program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three of them are now recorders as well so yes, fast forward through commercials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you guys are coming to the Yucatan this winter, I sure know some folks who would love to buy a new Shaw receiver :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonna, are you looking for a new high definition receiver or a very reasonably priced used standard definition receiver?

    ReplyDelete