Saturday, February 5, 2011

1,649,267,441,664 Bytes

That's 1.5 Terabytes! That is the size of the Seagate external hard drive I bought a couple of days ago at Walmart for $70. I forgot to bring my old external drive with me and have been paranoid about losing my photos from the trip. I was going to buy a smaller one (both physically and capacity wise) but this monster was only $10 more.

It came with free backup software so I backed up both computers onto it as well as copying all my photos. I have not even dented it's full capacity.

I bought a 1 terabyte drive three years ago and paid almost $200 for it. Some things are coming down in price! I can remember a few years ago when the 1 Gigabyte drives came out. "Who would need all that capacity"?, I thought. Well, I soon bought one and watched it slowly fill up. This new one has the storage of a whole wall full (1,500) of those tiny Gigabyte units.

No comments:

Post a Comment