Thursday, April 8, 2010

She Was A Windy Night!

We are parked right on the Bayou here in downtown Galveston. The water is just across the road in front of us, maybe 25 feet away. The wind is blowing right into the front of the motorhome and has been all night. If it were hitting the side the rocking motion probably would have kept me awake most of the night.


We got home from dinner at about 9:00 and turned on the TV. We were watching CNN when suddenly it went blank. The dish had blown over (again)! It had the 20 pound rock tied to the base and also a construction block over the center pipe. I thought for sure this was the formula required to keep the thing on the ground. I will have to do some engineering in the summer. In the meantime, one of the legs of the tripod is slightly bent from the fall and I have not yet inspected the feed horn of the dish itself. It looks OK from out the window though. When we get back from our adventure today I may move it behind the rig and tie it to the car dolly. It has never blown over when I have done this.


The adventure today is a trip to the Johnson Space Center. I want to see Mission Control where the words, "Houston, we have a problem!" were heard. But first a stop at the Waffle House!

Map picture

No comments:

Post a Comment