Monday, November 2, 2009

14 on “66”

Our travels today took us along Interstate 40, the highway built to replace old Route 66. Parts of the Historic highway still survive along with the derelict businesses that used to thrive along this former lifeline. Sometimes the old Route 66 parallels I-40 and it is possible to drive on it for a ways. We took one of those opportunities today and it was a very nostalgic experience driving along the old narrow highway that people come from all over the world to see. The surface was in need of repair and most of the signs have found their way into rec rooms all over the world but there was no mistake that it was Route 66.  We covered 14 miles of Route 66. All I needed was a ‘53 Corvette and I would have gone all the way to Chicago!

DSC_8532

DSC_8534

2 comments:

  1. That's such a great pic of the Tioga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I would choose my '53 Lincoln Cosmopolitan. Wish I had that Car today.

    Lew

    ReplyDelete