Sunday, September 27, 2009

I eBay’d a New Camera!

I have been coveting a Nikon D200 ever since the D300 came out a couple of years ago and the price of the D200 started to drop. I have been watching eBay and Craigslist carefully keeping track of the current price. When they came out five years ago they were over $2000 and have recently been selling on eBay in the $600 - $800 range.

A few days ago I started watching one that was being sold from Quebec. It was advertised as being in “mint” condition with low shutter activations. I thought it might end up selling at the low end of the price range as most buyers are in the USA and do not like shopping outside of their own country. The price stagnated at $365 for some time so I put in a bid of $405 and was immediately outbid. It had three days left to go and I did not want to start or contribute to a price war so I did nothing further. The price inched up $5 or $10 at a time to $500 where it stopped.

I set up my “Sniper” program to put in a bid of up to $621 USA (the most I was willing to pay) four seconds before bidding closed at 5:00AM this morning. I awoke at 8:30 to find I had won the camera for $612. If it is truly in “mint” condition, this is a very good price. I used my PayPal account to pay for it and it will be shipped as soon as the payment clears.

I will hang onto the old D70s for this winter and then sell it next summer. They are going for +/- $300 USA on eBay right now for the body only.

I am spending today downloading manuals, user guides and software updates for the new camera. Life Is Good!

The Prize:

frontview-001

1 comment:

  1. Nikon camera is my favorite!! I have one. It is best for digital photography!!

    ReplyDelete