Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Bought My Mexico Vehicle Insurance

I bought my vehicle insurance for Mexico today. I scanned the registrations for the motorhome, car dolly and Honda and emailed them off to our insurance agent in Arizona. We have been using San Xavier since we made our first trip down south and they have given us great service and good prices. Six months insurance for everything cost only $620, less than it would cost for the same period in Canada.

When we get home, we send our Canadian insurance company proof that the vehicles were out of Canada and the USA and had alternate insurance and we get a refund for the time we were in Mexico. This will amount to more that we paid for the Mexican insurance.

Considering my record of driving in Mexico, I was half expecting some additional cost but it did not happen. As I understand the rules in Mexico, your driving record cannot be used when you apply for new insurance. Lucky Me!!

A reader has asked for contact information for San Xavier Mexico Insurance. Click on the link and it will take you to their website. That price reflects values of $50K for the motorhome, $2K for the dolly and liability only for the old beat up Honda.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete