Monday, February 2, 2009

Cozumel

I will have more to say about Cozumel later but for now.....

Cozumel, unfortunately, is on the USA dollar system. No Pesos to be found anywhere. All prices - restaurants, curio stands, ferries - everything - is in USA dollars which I have no idea how to convert to as I have no idea how much they are currently worth.... Every time I paid for anything with Pesos (the only currency I carry) people had their hands out for more....

The language in Cozumel is English. Every time I spoke Spanish I was looked at like I was speaking a foreign language.

Nice place but very expensive and frustrating! We may as well have been in Florida, except probably more people in FL speak Spanish! I want to go back to Mexico.

The Mexican people have beaten back invasions from almost every oppressive nation on earth in their proud history. I sincerely hope they can beat back this current "Gringo" invasion of their East Coast...

No comments:

Post a Comment