Thursday, January 29, 2009

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Mexico anymore

Rolling up the highway into the Cozumel area was a bit of a culture shock! We have been in Mexico for almost three months and suddenly we are not there any more! The roadside signs suddenly turned into English and the guy at the gate spoke perfect English! Where are we? Did I make a wrong turn? I don't like this.

We checked into the Paa Mul RV Park and were shocked at being charged over $400 Pesos a night! WIFI is an additional $38 USA per month or portion thereof. We will do without.

We went to the on site restaurant for dinner and I ordered the fillet of Fish stuffed with shrimp sauce. It was delicious! It was $150 Pesos but it was really good.

Tomorrow we will visit the Tulum Ruins about 50 kilometres back down the highway and have a late lunch there. Sunday we will catch the ferry to Cozumel, spend a night in a hotel and see the island. My sister used to go there quite often in years past and I want to see it. I do not hold great expectations. I probably will not have to use my Spanish skills very often.

Toto, this is not Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment