Saturday, November 22, 2008

Puerto Vallarta

We took a drive fifty Kilometres down the coast into Puerto Vallarta today. It is an interesting little town but not one that I would go back to. English is the most common language and if that is what you are looking for, you will find it there. Condo salesmen approach you four or five to the block and the beach is not as nice as we have seen in Mexico. I am afraid we have become badly spoiled by our exposure to the "Real" Mexico and this is not it. I long to hear the Spanish language, smell the aromas of rural Mexico and watch children play. I do not want a condo.

We found a place to park, had breakfast and walked part of the Malecon. Norma bought a shirt and I found a pretty good bottle of tequila that I bought after a good sized free sample. We stopped in a streetside restaurant for a margarita and then headed back to our refuge at Lo de Marcos. Here are some photos I snapped along the way today:

DSC_7911

Oyster Shucking

DSC_7916

Sand Sculpture

DSC_7912

Fishermen

DSC_7934

Artists on the Malecon

DSC_7938

Side Street

DSC_7945

Margarita stop

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I so long to experience Mexico as you have come to know and love her, to wash the awful memories of Tijuana from my mind!

    Thank you for the lovely pictures!

    Glad to know you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is easy to take photos down here as the beauty is everywhere! Further south tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete