Saturday, November 1, 2008

Gas Prices

Before we left Canada I did a little research into the price of gas here in the USA. At that time the average seemed to be around $3.00 a US Gallon. By the time we got into the USA, these prices had dropped quite a bit and were around $2.65 in Washington and Oregon but California is another story! Depending on which town we were in and even which side of the street, prices ranged from a low of $2.59 to a high of $3.69. We watched for stations at the more reasonable end of this range and filled up. We once got caught on Interstate 5 where all the little towns were sporting the higher prices and I had to buy $50 worth at $3.49 to get us to the next larger town.

 

At Blithe, CA regular gas was $3.49 and three miles down the I-10, across the Arizona State Line, it was only $2.49. I am looking forward to Mexico where prices are Government controlled at about $.70 CAN per litre.

 

We are in Yuma, AZ right now and I have to set up my StarChoice to watch the BC Lions at 2:00 this afternoon. My work is never done!

No comments:

Post a Comment