Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gas Prices

Antique Gas Pump

Here in Canada, Regular gas is selling for $1.16 CAN or $.97 USA per litre.

In the USA, it is selling for $3.00 / Gal or $.79 USA per litre.

In Mexico, Magna is $7.44 Pesos or $.59 USA per litre.

I have enough in the tank to make it to Washington State where I will fill up. I will remember to fill the tank before entering California where prices are much higher.

I like buying gas in Oregon because they have banned self-serve stations. They have done this simply by requiring a special license to pump gas. These are easy to get after a short safety course and the practice provides meaningful employment for tens of thousands of (mostly young) people in Oregon. My first job was pumping gas in a Chevron Station in Vancouver, BC in 1961. It was a good job and probably the most “fun” job I have ever had. I am still friends with one of the other workers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment